Monday, December 21, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope that all of you have an amazing Christmas this week! I wish that Christmas were as big of a thing in Korea as it is in America. But it is still gonna be fun. :) We are going to do a zone proselyting activity on Christmas. We will probably wrap up Book of Mormons and give them away as gifts, carol, street contact etc. It should be fun! :)

This week we had zone Christmas Conference and it was SO GOOD. President and Sister Morrise are so amazing. After some training, we went up to the mission home with our zone. Since our zone only has 18 missionaries, it was pretty easy to fit us all up in the Morrise's house. We sung Christmas songs together as we read the Christmas story, and ended by sharing testimonies in the low lights of the Christmas tree.

So Sunday we had a miracle! A recent convert/less active came to church! She was baptized about 2 years ago, but hasn't been to church since she was baptized. Sister Capener and I called her one night and set up an appointment to meet. She doesn't really have a testimony, but we were able to build a relationship with her and start teaching her again. Sunday, she texted us halfway through the first hour asking us where she should go. My mouth dropped and we booked it out of Young Women's to meet her at the door.

Anyway, this less active met our other recent convert. This recent convert is Chinese and is the most solid recent convert I have ever met. But lets just say, they became friends. Really fast. They exchanged numbers and started texting back and forth during church. (I don't support texting during church... but I do support making friends ;) ) Anyway, it turns out that our less active sister wants to learn Chinese, and our recent convert is Chinese, so they are going to study together. It was such a miracle. It is so much easier to come to church if you have a friend, and I have faith that we will reactive this less active while strengthening our recent convert. And really, they are both recent converts. So they can strengthen each other together. :)

So since it is Christmas this week, I want to leave you with my testimony of Christ. I have been reading in Luke about Christ's life, and I am amazed at the grace and power of our Savior. He literally helped every one that He could. He blessed everyone that He could. He spread the gospel to everyone that He could. Jesus Christ did everything for everyone. He did everything for me, and He did everything for you. He was born, lived, and returned to His father. He suffered pain and temptations just like us. But He endured perfectly to the end, so that when we slip up, we can start over again, and we too, can return to our Father in Heaven. Because of Jesus Christ, we can overcome all things, and we can live with God again. I know that He loves us, and I love Him more now than I ever have before.

예수 그리스도는 살아계십니다. 그분은 우리 구주 이십니다. 그분은 우리를 사랑하십니다.

Well I can't wait to Skype the family this week! Love and miss you all so much!

메리 크리스마스! Merry Christmas! :)

Love, Sister Maughan
We found some Angel wings. :)



The district.

Star wars is big in Korea too. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment