Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bathhouse and the Bible!

So last Monday we went to a bathhouse for P-day. It's a culture thing, so we are allowed to go to them on P-days. But it was one of my favorite P-day activities so far. :) Not many missionaries get to say they got to go to what was pretty much a hot tub on their mission. And there was a sauna too. So fun. Yesterday was Sister Sutton's birthday (she is in the other companionship that lives with us), and she liked the bathhouse so much last week that she wanted to go again for her birthday. So we are going again today. Whoot whoot! :) After spending a few hours in a bathhouse you feel so soft.. it is seriously the best.

So recently, I started reading the Bible from the beginning. When we proselyte, we always say "We read the Book of Mormon with the Bible." But I have to admit, I was lacking in Bible reading. So I decided that in order to not be a hypocrite, I am reading the Bible, starting in the Old Testament. I finished Genesis today! The 12 tribes of Israel has been super interesting to read about. I have met people here from quite a few of the 12 tribes. Since I am in a different part of the world, there are different tribes here. It is so cool. As Mormons, I swear that we always bear testimony of the Book of Mormon, but we never bear testimony of the things you can learn from the Bible. The Book of Mormon will always be #1 in my heart, but I seriously love the Bible too. I know that they complete each other, and that is why we have both of them. :)

Love you all! Miss you!

Love, Sister Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment