Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Transfer calls!

So yes, we just got transfer calls yesterday... and I am going senior companion! I am so nervous but so excited. I don't exactly feel adequate to do the job, but I guess if the Lord says that I can do it and is calling me to do it, that means I can do it right? One thing that I am excited for is finding my way to do missionary work, the way that the Lord is going to use me. As a junior companion, you just kind of follow your senior companion a lot of the time. But now, I will be the leader and I will get to choose what kinds of missionary activities we do. I just want to do what the Lord asks me to do, which means that my next goal will be working to always be in tune with the spirit so that I can be a tool in the Lord's hands. My new companion will be Sister Sweetnam. She will be in her 3rd transfer when we become companions, which means that she just got finished training. I will be in my 6th transfer. I am excited and nervous, but it should be a good experience. :)

Also, Wednesday is my HALF-WAY MARK!!! I don't know how it happened. I think my mid-mission crisis will be hitting soon.

So I think I am learning the meaning of courage and faith and how they go together. You have to have faith to have courage, and you have to have courage to have faith. Becoming a senior companion in a country where I feel like my language skills are so inadequate is scary, but I accepted the call with courage and faith. I feel like I am stepping into the darkness, but I think that every missionary feels that way when they are given the new responsibility of being senior. The thing is, I know that as soon as I step into the dark, there will be a light there waiting for me. And that light is Jesus Christ. The Lord never leaves us alone in this work, so we just have to be the ones to let Him in, to let Him turn the light on. Sometimes it takes a leap of courage and faith to be a tool in the Lord's hands, but He will always be there to either catch as we fall, or give us wings to fly. Either way, He is with us, and He will help us. We just have to have the courage to step forward, and the faith that He will be there to catch us.

So I am sorry that this email was so short this week. I will try and make up for it next week. This weekend it is supposed to be in the 90s and humid so hopefully I survive to see next pday... wish me luck!

I love you all so much and miss you always!

Love, Sister Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment