Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Whole Chicken


I ate a whole chicken. I can't believe I did it and I hope that I never have to do it again. But I ate an entire chicken stuffed with rice and ginseng. It tasted good, don't get me wrong. It was delicious. But the entire chicken ended up inside me. I have a testimony that God stretches missionaries' stomachs during times of desperation, because there is no way that I ate that thing alone.

Haha anyway, yes, we had lunch with our bishop's family the other day, and they gave us this Korean traditional meal that they only eat on the hottest days of the year.  When they brought out the first chicken, I thought, "hey that will be a nice side dish." But then they placed it in front of one of the elders. Then they continued to bring out full chickens until we each had our own. We definitely didn't eat anything else that day. But it was a very appreciated meal. ;)

So this week we get to go to the temple! I am so excited. I know that I am so blessed to be serving in one of the few missions that allow us to go to the temple once a transfer. I don't think I ever mentioned this in any of my past emails, but I want to tell you about so interesting facts about the Seoul temple. Well, one in particular. When the Seoul temple was dedicated, in the dedication blessing Korea was given a promise. If the members of Korea will faithfully go to the temple as frequently as possible, North Korea will never be able to invade or attack. So far, North Korea has not been able to attack, so God is protecting Korea because the LDS members are faithfully attending the temple. How cool is that? I just wanted to share that with you. :)

This week we had 2 investigators at church. One of these investigators has been to church 14 times, and it totally going to get baptized. She just felt pressure from the members to get baptized and backed away, but still comes to church every week. I know that she will get baptized soon, we just have to be patient and give her a little space. She is basically a member, she just hasn't been baptized yet. ;) The other investigator that came to church is the first investigators' best friend. How cool is that? If one gets baptized, I am sure the other will. They are both these cute little 50 year old Korean women who come to English class twice a week and church every week. I seriously adore them.

Also, lately the sisters leaving in our house have been talking about the Book of Mormon, and how much evidence there is that it is true. Apparently just recently they were able to trace the DNA of the Native Americans back to the Middle East. If the Native Americans really are the relatives of the Lamanites (which is stated in the Book of Mormon), and they just traced the Native Americans DNA back to the Middle East (Jerusalem? ;) ), then that is just more evidence of the Book of Mormon's truth. There really was a group of people who came from Jerusalem to the Americas because God commanded them to. We knew that the Native Americans came from the Middle East before the rest of the world did. It is in the Book of Mormon. I just thought that was kind of cool, so I wanted to share that. :)

Anyway I love being a missionary  and I love serving in Korea! I also love you all and miss you always. :)

Love, Sister Maughan

 Cool stairs that looks like a Piano!
Sister Maughan and Sister Sweetnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment