Monday, July 6, 2015

McDonald's Celebration

Happy late 4th of July to all my American friends! We woke up on Saturday and realized that it was America's birthday. We didn't know how to celebrate the holiday in Korea... but I feel like we did a pretty good job. We made American flags and stuck them to the walls of our apartment, did a mini photo shoot wearing red, white and blue, and to top it all off we ate the most American food we could find in Korea... McDonald's. I absolutely love Korea... but America will always be my home and will always have my heart. :)

So time is flying.... so fast. I am like in shock. Yesterday was my 8 month mark... say what? In a month I will be halfway through my mission... and I have heard that after that the mission goes faster and faster. I am loving being a missionary though! :)

Incheon is flourishing right now. We have six investigators, and we could possibly be getting another one soon. We have been so so busy! This week we will be moving into a new house and then we will have lesson after lesson for the rest of the week. It is going to be so crazy. We have one investigator who is praying about being baptized, and if she gets an answer she will be baptized on August 29th. It is so exciting! :)

 So my companion shared a thought with me during companion ship study that I really liked, and I want to share it with you. If we don't have faith in God, does that make His glory any less? Does it make him less powerful or dull His glory? No, of course not. God is the Almighty even if we don't believe He is. So why does He command us to be faithful? It is clearly not so that He can get gain from it. The amount of faith we have doesn't change Him in any way. But God doesn't command us to do things without having a reason for us to do them. So if it is not for His good, it must be for our good, right?

I know that my faith in Heavenly Father has changed my life. Because I have faith in Heavenly Father, I can always have something to hope for. When I have trials, I can trust Heavenly Father to pull me through them. When something doesn't go as planned, I can know that it was part of Heavenly Father's plan. When I feel lonely, I have someone to talk to. I have faith in Heavenly Father because that faith has given me happiness that cannot be explained. It has given me hope. It has given me light. If I didn't know that I could rely on Heavenly Father for just about everything, I don't think I could be as happy or positive as I am all the time. Without the knowledge of God that I have, I would be lost. My faith makes me happy. And that is why I am sharing it. :)

Well, I have to go now. I love you all and miss you always! :)

Love, Sister Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment