Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Musicals and Transfer calls.

So this week flew by faster than ever before. I can't even tell you how fast time is going on my mission. But it was a super good week!

So Saturday we had a super successful ward party. The missionaries put on the musical, "Meet the Missionaries." We sang songs and acted out an average missionary day, adding some humor about greenies and proselyting experiences like being bible bashed, talking to foreigners who don't speak English or Korean and having no idea what to say etc. It was incredible because more nonmembers came than members. Almost our entire English class of 18 students came to the musical. We ended the musical by acting out a member present lesson. We pretended to knock on someone's door and then teach them a lesson. In the lesson we said that rather than telling them our message, we wanted to show them our message. So we then turned off all the lights and played the "Because He Lives" video on a big screen. So our silly musical turned into a spiritual message. The spirit was so strong. After we finished the video we sang the EFY Medley in Korean, a combination of "We'll Bring the World His Truth" and "As Sisters in Zion." The elders sang the "We'll Bring the World His Truth" part and we sang "As Sisters in Zion." Holy cow the spirit was so strong. The ward members were super impressed and said that they will always remember this group of missionaries. That night we got transfer calls. I knew I was transferring before I got the call... I could feel it. So I spent a lot of time during the ward activity talking to members, enjoying the last activity I had with them.

Then transfer calls came. I am transferring to Incheon! My new companion will be Sister Reed. I haven't met her yet, but I have heard a lot of good things about her. I am super excited for a new experience and a new area. :)

So I had to say goodbye to the ward members yesterday. I didn't expect it to be hard by any means, but it was much harder than I thought. You don't realize how much you get attached to people until you have to say goodbye to them, especially when you know you probably won't ever get to see them again. I have seen this ward go through a huge change since I first arrived in January. Hearts have changed, testimonies have grown, and faith has increased. Ansan ward still has a lot of room to grow, and I wouldn't categorize them as a super strong ward by any means, but they are progressing and getting stronger, and I have seen miracles here for 6 months now. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to serve here. Lots of hugs were given yesterday, and my heart was heavier than I expected. I didn't know leaving an area could be so hard. I also had to say goodbye to my English class friends, and that was super hard too. I taught these adorable little girls who told me they didn't want me to leave. It was hard, but I am excited for my next area as well.  I know that God has a plan for all of us, and I am supposed to go to Incheon for a reason.

Yesterday we had a little miracle. It was stake conference, and we got to here from Elder D. Todd Christofferson and President Ringwood of the Asia area presidency. It was skyped from the Salt Lake City conference center. A family that had come to English class earlier this week just randomly decided to come to church. I guess they have been looking for religion and saw how happy we were at English class. They were a little thrown off because it was not a normal church day, but we invited them back next week so that they can be a part of our normal worship services. I think they have a lot of potential. :)

Well, I have to end my email now, but I love you all. And shout out to the best dad ever. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! I love you so much and miss you always.

Love, Sister Maughan


No comments:

Post a Comment